- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tour operators in Mahé often run day-trips to Praslin to visit the famous Vallée de Mai, but this beautiful island deserves at least a few days of its own. At least half a day is needed to properly appreciate the aforementioned World Heritage Site. And then Praslin is a great spot from which to explore the numerous tiny islands that surround it, including the bird sanctuaries of Cousin and Aride, and gorgeous La Digue (if you're not planning to overnight there). With all of these attractions, Praslin merits a minimum of two nights, and if you want to take it easy and explore Praslin's beaches, at least four nights would be needed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's