- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Cat Coco ferry from Mahé Inter Island Quay (US$55 one-way, 55 minutes) docks at Praslin's main jetty at Bay St. Anne, which is also the departure point for most day-trip boat excursions (though several other small jetties exist around the island). The Inter Island ferry to and from La Digue, which takes about 20 minutes each way (US$16 one way), also docks here. The Praslin airport (with flights to Mahé only) is in the west at Amitié, and also houses a landing pad for helicopter flights.
Rental-car agencies have kiosks at the airport. The local agencies have offices in Bay St. Anne, Grand Anse, and Côte d'Or, but you can usually arrange to have them meet you at a jetty or your hotel. The local bus runs two routes, departing about once an hour, one plying the east coast, the other the west. Double-check with the driver which route you're on, as they sometimes fail to change the destination sign. The fare is Rs5. Taxis are available at the airport and Bay St. Anne, as well as around Grand Anse and Côte d'Or. The first kilometer is Rs28, each additional kilometer Rs24.50 in a metered taxi. Luggage is charged at Rs10 per piece. Sample fares from the airport are Côte d'Or, Rs350; Anse Lazio, Rs470; Bay St. Anne jetty, Rs370.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's