- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The main areas where accommodations are found are Grande Anse on the west side, and Côte d'Or (or Anse Volbert) on the east side. Due to the nature of Seychelles' wind and weather patterns, the west coast beaches tend to gather seaweed and sea grass from May to September, during which time the Côte d'Or beaches are clear and clean. When the season (and wind) changes from October to April, the west coast clears up while the east coast waters can be a bit rougher. It's wise to note these differences when deciding where you want to stay.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe