- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving and Snorkeling
Qualified divers can book tanks and a guide to explore the rich underwater environment of coral reefs and abundant sea life at Côte d'Or (Anse Volbert). But you don't need to be a certified diver to enjoy the marine life of Seychelles. The shallow reefs and languid lagoons, particularly at Anse Lazio and Anse Possession, offer perfect conditions for snorkeling. You can while hours away watching the antics of schools of elegant angelfish or bold sergeant majors with their distinctive stripes. Even better, the snorkeling around the small islands of Curieuse, Ile Cocos, St. Pierre, Sisters, and Marianne, is excellent. Numerous boat excursions offer snorkeling day trips, usually visiting two to three islands.
Recommended Dive Operators
Whitetip Divers. Based at the Paradise Sun Hotel on Cote d'Or, the professionals at Whitetip take guests on dives of up to 20 meters (65 feet) only. Many of the sites are around underwater granite formations. They also organize snorkeling trips by boat. Paradise Sun Hotel, Cote d'Or, Praslin. 423–2282 or 251–4282. www.whitetipdivers.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's