- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
What better way to enjoy an island nation than to hop from one island to the next on a sailboat? Offering visitors the ultimate way to experience the diversity and beauty of the archipelago, a trip on a chartered boat can last a day or a week. Most trips leaving from Mahé will sail around the island itself, anchoring at snorkel spots, and including a bit of actual sailing at some point in the journey (wind providing). Diving, kayaking, and waterskiing may also be offered on your cruise. A week-long live-aboard is a truly special experience—itineraries vary depending on the time of year and sea conditions.
Silhouette Cruises. Offers day- or week-long excursions on a fleet of beautiful liveaboard vessels, including a special whale-shark trip from October to November. Victoria, Mahé. 432–4026 or 251–4051. www.seychelles-cruises.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe