- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Namibia Tourism Board (NTB) can provide a free map and a free copy of Welcome to Namibia—Official Visitors' Guide, which gives useful information plus accommodation lists, but doesn't provide detailed personalized advice. It's open weekdays 8–5. For more hands-on assistance, check out the Tourist Information centers (all run by different agencies, from the City of Windhoek to private companies) located in Windhoek and Swakopmund. Namibia Wildlife Resorts (NWR) offers information on accommodation in the national parks, which you can also book through them.
Namibia Tourism Board (Channel Life Tower, 39 Post Street Mall, 1st Fl., Windhoek. 061/290–6000. www.namibiatourism.com.na.)
Namibia Wildlife Resorts (189 Independence Ave., opposite Zoo Park, Windhoek. 061/285–7200. www.nwr.com.na.)
Tourist Information Bureau (Post St. Mall. 061/290–2092 or 061/290–2596. www.cityofwindhoek.org.na. Independence Ave., opposite Kalahari Sands and Casino. 061/290–2092.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe