- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Desert Express travels between Windhoek, the capital of Namibia, and Swakopmund, the country's premier coastal resort. The train departs from Windhoek on Fridays and from Swakopmund on Saturdays. Longer journeys to Etosha are also available.
Desert Express (Windhoek Railway Station, Bahnhof St., Windhoek. 011/913–2442. www.jbtours.co.za.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's