- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great breakfast
- personalized friendly service
- lovely garden
- one room looks onto parking area instead of garden
- often fully booked
Cornerstone Guesthouse Review
Walking into Cornerstone one is struck by the lovely manicured garden and the pleasantly homey (and exceedingly clean) ambience. Rooms are not huge but are comfortable, have free Wi-Fi, and small personal patios. The breakfast here is famously tasty, and the owners are incredibly helpful and friendly. Within walking distance from most of Swakops's main attractions, this place is very popular and often full. However, if you find this to be the case, inquire about the two self-catering apartments on the sea, also owned by the management.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more