- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Lyon des Sables
Lyon des Sables Review
Relocated from an old church to the Walvis Bay Yacht Club, this unexpected gem, owned and run by two Frenchmen, is arguably Namibia's finest restaurant and a reason in itself to visit Walvis Bay. Genius combinations of texture and flavor using the freshest ingredients result in a sublime culinary experience. The seared tuna starter with a pine nut pesto and balsamic reduction topped with hazelnut crumble, and the kingklip with marinated artichokes and oyster cream sauce are highly recommended. Keep an eye out for specialty-themed nights, like "sushi Wednesdays." The funky decor—purple walls and a sort of retro-hip vibe—great cocktails and wine list, and friendly efficient service complete the picture. Save room for dessert.
- Address: Walvis Bay Yacht Club., Atlantic St., Zone 55, Walvis Bay
- Phone: 064/221–220
- Location: Walvis Bay
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
We are planning our first Safari trip to Africa for next August 2015 with our two kids who will be 11 and 12yrs old. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more