Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Lyon des Sables
Lyon des Sables Review
Relocated from an old church to the Walvis Bay Yacht Club, this unexpected gem, owned and run by two Frenchmen, is arguably Namibia's finest restaurant and a reason in itself to visit Walvis Bay. Genius combinations of texture and flavor using the freshest ingredients result in a sublime culinary experience. The seared tuna starter with a pine nut pesto and balsamic reduction topped with hazelnut crumble, and the kingklip with marinated artichokes and oyster cream sauce are highly recommended. Keep an eye out for specialty-themed nights, like "sushi Wednesdays." The funky decor—purple walls and a sort of retro-hip vibe—great cocktails and wine list, and friendly efficient service complete the picture. Save room for dessert.
- Address: Walvis Bay Yacht Club., Atlantic St., Zone 55, Walvis Bay
- Phone: 064/221–220
- Location: Walvis Bay
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I have made a report of my trip with some nice images to possible help others making the most of their Namibia trip. Check out my blog/rep... Read more
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. We visited Mt Kilimanjaro (Lemosho route, with western breach ascent), Sereng... Read more