- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- extremely friendly and helpful staff
- charming pool and garden area
- homey comforts like a fireplace in the lounge
- rooms vary significantly in size and view
- must drive to city center
Terra Africa Review
The feeling of being in someone's home starts upon entering the lounge decorated with African art and strewn with magazines by a fireplace, and continues thanks to the personalized and friendly service here. Like any real house, rooms are varied: some are large and face the lovely garden and pool while others are smaller and face the car park. The public spaces are extremely comfortable, particularly the small pool set in a magical little garden. Your host, Rolf, is a wine connoisseur, and always has a few boutique vintages ready for evening sundowners. Four-course dinners paired with wine are also available on request. This homey gem is located about 10 minutes' drive south from the city center.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more