- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
De Kelder Review
Located in the small Klimas Building shopping complex, this otherwise homey restaurant brings to mind an old-world auntie with its decor of blue and white china, huge wooden spoons, and Dutch paintings, not to mention its generous portions of rich comfort food. A fairly massive dinner menu has something for everyone (including vegetarians), but the unifying theme here is a love of rich sauces, melted cheese, and a dash of bacon. The calamari fritti is wonderfully tender, and the kabeljou de kelder (a local fish served with ham, pineapple, mushrooms, and cheese) is seafood's answer to a Hawaiian pizza.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more