- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Olive Exclusive Boutique Hotel
At a Glance
- beautifully appointed and spacious suites
- in-house spa therapist
- excellent restaurant
- the view onto the hills of Windhoek is decent, but somewhat spoiled by scabby industry in the foreground
- you need a car to get around
Olive Exclusive Boutique Hotel Review
Windhoek's premier boutique hotel, the Olive Exclusive, with it's six large suites each decorated thematically according to each of Namibia's regions, is an upmarket treat either before or after your safari. As each suite is equipped with all the mod-cons—laptops, Wi-Fi, espresso machines, mini-bars, and satellite TV—it's the right kind of place to manage your transition from the solitude of the bush to the connectivity of the city and vice versa. The décor strikes an elegant balance between chic and African without overdoing the latter (as many lodges do) and while the huge suites have their own plunge pools, guests can also use the communal pool. The Olive Exclusive restaurant, with it's playful menu that features great Namibian produce, is an intimate spot worth visiting even if you aren't a guest at the hotel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more