- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Mushara Outpost
At a Glance
- rooms are bright and comfortable
- bathrooms feature glass convertible showers that go from indoor to outdoor with the zip of canvas
- laundry services are an additional charge
The Mushara Outpost Review
If you're a fan of old-fashioned luxury, warm service, and accommodation that combines the authenticity of the bush with a stylish and comfortable interior, then this is an excellent option. Situated close to the Von Lindequist Gate on the eastern side of Etosha, the Outpost is perfectly placed to take advantage of the park's game-thick eastern section, especially if you opt for the fully inclusive rate that includes two game drives. The lodge has a comfortable rambling feel to it with a large farm-style main house and 8 luxury tents that appear to be relatively normal permanent canvas and wood tents, but are surprisingly well-appointed on the inside, ensuring that after a day of game drives you'll be able to relax and recharge your batteries.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more