- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lovely extras like a house library with a great selection of books
- gorgeous old bar with a fireplace
- amazing restaurant
- could be a bit stuffy for the younger crowd
- lacks the intimacy of a boutique hotel or guesthouse
Hansa Hotel Review
This old-world grand dame gives guests a Belle Epoque–era feeling with the hushed solicitude, gleaming brass, thick carpets, and manicured garden. Rooms are large and extremely comfortable, mostly overlooking the central garden courtyard through French doors that also allow plenty of natural light. A central location and the town's best fine-dining restaurant, Hansa Hotel Main Restaurant, complete the picture. Breakfast is fabulous and beyond the usual fare, including fresh oysters.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more