- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wolwedans Dune Camp
At a Glance
- privacy or company as you want it
- excellent service
- superior star-gazing
- a clean conscience thanks to Wolwedans's in-depth greening efforts
- there's only one honeymoon table for couples who aren't in the mood to socialize over dinner
- if your time is limited a trip to the Sossusvlei Dunes takes the better part of a day
Wolwedans Dune Camp Review
For seclusion and green, conscience-free travel in a ridiculously pretty setting, Wolwedans Dune Camp is unbeatable. Set against an 820-foot-high sand dune facing a mountain that turns different shades of pink in the setting sun, this is an intimate camp. Guests, who've included Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and their brood, sit around one long communal table for breakfast and dinner prepared by alumni of Wolwedans' excellent Desert Academy. Take a game drive with the well-informed guides and learn about the unique desert fauna and flora of the NamibRand, from the heat-adapted oryx and tok-tok beetles to Pale Chanting Goshawks and the remarkable camelthorn tree. Progressive in their long-term approach to conservation and energy, the Wolwedans group recycles, grows as much of their own produce as possible, and runs their camps on a solar-hybrid system, which saves you from having to hear a diesel generator all night.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more