- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fig Tree Guesthouse
At a Glance
- all rooms have fridges and microwaves
- rooms have printers
- small intimate B&B in convenient central location
- not many rooms so can get fully booked in season
- rooms lack a view and some can be a bit dark
Fig Tree Guesthouse Review
This small and lovely guesthouse is very centrally located on Robert Mugabe Avenue, just a 5- to 10-minute walk from downtown Windhoek. The six rooms are located around an attractive courtyard with a heated pool, barbecue area, and small bar, all of which enjoy the shade of several large fig trees towering above. Rooms are comfortable and fully equipped, with a style melding bold African design with an otherwise very modern aesthetic. A small gym and in-room perks like a fridge and microwave are nice extra touches unexpected at a place of this size.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more