- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- gorgeous decor
- great location on the lagoon
- amazing wine and whiskey collection
- only a few rooms have lagoon views
Egumbo Lodge Review
This gorgeous guesthouse is located in a large thatch roof, nine-room home. The contrast of the natural textures of thatch, wooden floors, and exposed wood beams with the plush jewel-colored Oriental carpets, gleaming wooden furniture, and sparkling chandeliers, works to great Colonial-posh effect. Guests can enjoy Mediterranean cuisine, wines and whiskeys from an impressive cellar, and a heated pool. The rooms are spacious and lovely, with nice touches like espresso machines and flat-screen TVs, though the real winners are those with lagoon views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more