- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Protea Hotel Pelican Bay
At a Glance
- great location with amazing views of the lagoon
- all the amenities of a larger hotel, including free airport shuttle
- rooms lack character and intimacy with decor faintly reminiscent of an expensive nursing home
Protea Hotel Pelican Bay Review
This outlet of the Protea chain has a great location on the lagoon, and all 50 rooms enjoy lagoon views. The decor is less than inspired, but rooms are large and clean, and have all the modern conveniences one may need. The restaurant has great views, a fireplace, and an open lagoon-facing balcony. Additional conveniences like Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a 24-hour coffee shop, free shuttle to the airport, and a large conference space also makes this a favorite with businesspeople.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more