- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kempinski Mokuti Lodge
At a Glance
- stone's throw from Etosha gate
- all the amenities of a big hotel, including tennis and billiards
- rooms lack views and the character of a smaller lodge
Kempinski Mokuti Lodge Review
Since this lodge is in its own park a stone's throw from the Von Lindequist Gate, you may well wake up and find an antelope or warthog munching the grass outside your room. Despite being one of Namibia's largest lodges, the rooms are smallish and rather sparsely furnished, but you'll be out most of the day game-viewing. You can take a walk, either guided or on your own, and be quite safe. Follow the paths, and you may come face-to-face with a giraffe or any number of gorgeous birds. Don't miss the amazing reptile park, where you can meet pythons, scorpions, tortoises, and the odd crocodile. To catch sight of the bigger game, take an early-morning or afternoon tour into Etosha from the lodge. Air Namibia flies to and from Mokuti five days a week.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more