- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Windhoek's newest and hippest place to wine and dine is the restaurant showcase for the Namibian Institute of Culinary Education. With an emphasis on local ingredients and a multitude of influences, trainees supervised by head chefs produce delicious fare, such as the tart and tasty pickled fish fillet on lentils with sour cream, or oryx loin with onion marmalade, polenta, and broccoli. When in season try dishes featuring local delicacies like kalahari truffles. Simpler fare like fish-and-chips can also be had, and the desserts are excellent. With varied seating options—indoor, pond-side dining, seating at the popular bar—the gorgeous space is elegant-cool all the way; it's the renovated family home of the owner. Connected to the Wolwedans Group with their properties in the Namibrand private reserve, NICE produces young talented cooks who get poached by other lodges throughout Namibia.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more