- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- guided game drives on the plateau where you can see rare animals
- beautiful self-guided walks on the plateau and nature trails in the cap
- self-catering kitchens are not all well stocked
Waterberg Camp Review
Previously known as Bernabé de la Bat Rest Camp, this NWR property is located on the escarpment's wooded slopes. Take a dip in the camp's natural-spring-fed swimming pool at the foot of the towering sandstone cliffs or the new pool bar, then relax in front of your bungalow and watch the sun set over the plateau. Surrounding the camp is one of the largest varieties of plant species in Southern Africa. It's best to book accommodations in advance at NWR in Windhoek, although you can take a chance (particularly in the low season) and book when you arrive at the park office between 8 am and sunset. Camping is also available. There is a restaurant and small shop selling basic groceries and drinks; and should the shop fail to deliver, there's a grocery store in town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more