- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The handsome circa-1912 (Palace of Ink) is fronted by beautiful formal gardens. Formerly the administration offices of the German colonial government, the two-story building now houses the National Assembly. One-hour tours are given weekdays at 9, 10, and 3. Nearby is the Office of the Prime Minister, decorated in mosaics, indigenous woods, and murals. Security guards will give informal tours on request.
- Address: Robert Mugabe Ave., Windhoek
- Phone: 061/288–2590
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon.–Fri. 9–5
- Location: Windhoek
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more