- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Impalila Island Lodge
At a Glance
- great food
- with more than 450 bird species, this place is wonderful for birders
- fantastic river safaris in Chobe National Park
- game drives into Chobe must be prearranged at extra cost
Impalila Island Lodge Review
At the crossroads of four countries—Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe—this all-inclusive lodge is famous for its hospitality, accommodations, food, and activities. Raised wood-and-thatch chalets, furnished with polished local mukwa wood, open onto wide verandas overlooking the Mambova Rapids at the confluence of the Zambezi and Chobe rivers. The main thatched dining and bar area is built around two huge baobab trees. After your day's activities, relax on the wooden deck and boast about your tiger-fishing skills, or tick off your mammal and bird lists. Don't miss a guided boat trip to the banks of Botswana's Chobe National Park for game-viewing, or a tranquil mokoro (canoe) trip in the papyrus-fringed channels.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more