- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- beautiful views of Kwando River and Lianshulu Lagoon from lodge and chalets
- lovely features include fireplaces, a library, and split wooden decks
- generator noise may be audible from some rooms
Lianshulu Lodge Review
This lovely lodge, which sprawls under huge jackalberry and mangosteen trees along the banks of the Kwando River, bordering Botswana, was one of the first private lodges to be built inside a national park—Mudumu National Park. Considered for many years one of the best lodges in Namibia, it offers a splendid water-wilderness experience—from chugging down the Kwando in a double-decker pontoon, sipping sundowners as the boat dodges hippos and crocs, to tiger-fishing, game cruises, and superb birding with more than 400 recorded species. A night cruise on the river is particularly exciting. Accommodation is in beautiful and spacious reed, brick, and thatch units (en-suite); the food is outstanding; and the personal service memorable. You can visit the nearby Lizauli traditional village, built and managed by the local community. Because an immigration official lives at the lodge, you can easily cross into Botswana.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more