- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre
At a Glance
- conveniences of a large hotel with numerous facilities
- lovely lobby architecture and pleasant (though unheated) pool
- lack of real character or intimacy
- often used as a business or conference center
- nonsmoking rooms exist, but those sensitive to smoke may smell occasional smoke
Check Rates from our Partners
Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre Review
At this hotel within the 1901 Old Station Building, the huge bustling lobby is a reminder of the building's previous incarnation as a railway station. It's a very popular place, so be prepared for lots of tour groups milling around. Unfortunately the rooms don't quite live up to the lobby, but they are perfectly pleasant and have views of the central courtyard and pool area. The hotel itself boasts numerous facilities, including an adjacent cinema, casino, and two restaurants (the Platform, a standard continental-style place, and a Chinese restaurant).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more