- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lavishly decadent interior styling
- great personalized service
- 5-minute drive from city center
- rooms don't have tons of natural light (it's a castle after all)
- Wi-Fi is not free
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Heinitzburg Review
This is your chance to stay in a turn-of-the-20th-century castle, a white fort with battlements set high on a hill and commissioned by a German count for his fiancée in 1914. A recent renovation has given the spacious interiors a luxurious fairy-tale quality, with handmade furniture, mirrors and chandeliers, and beautiful fabrics that transport you to a stylish bygone age perfectly mixed with state-of-the-art modern comforts. The hotel also has amazing views of the city, and offers an excellent breakfast on the gorgeous outdoor patio. The excellent food and wine at Leo's at the Castle are what you would expect of a Relais & Château property. Book well in advance, as this is the most sought-after hotel in the city.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more