- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Etosha Aoba Lodge
At a Glance
- lodge is set in a beautiful natural forest
- great night drive with "bush observatory" for budding astronomers
- fabulous food (three-course dinner is N$165)
- rooms are on the small side
- doesn't cater to the "super luxury" set
Etosha Aoba Lodge Review
This small, family-owned, ultrafriendly lodge is 10 km (6 mi) east of the Von Lindequist Gate—about a 30-minute drive from the park. After a hot, dusty day in the park, you can slip into crisp white bed linens in your cool thatch chalet, or sip a cocktail on your mini-veranda while listening to the noises of the night. The owners emphasize excellent cuisine made with fresh, local produce; you'll dine under the thatch roof of the main building. Most visitors have their own vehicles, but the lodge can arrange trips into the park for you. The lodge gets many repeat visitors.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more