- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zebra River Lodge
At a Glance
- incredibly friendly hosts
- the farm is of international importance for its fossils and birds with more than 118 species seen on the property
- far from Sossusvlei
- activities are at additional cost
Zebra River Lodge Review
From this delightful lodge, where personal attention and friendly service are outstanding (the lodge gets lots of repeat visitors), you can drive yourself to Sesriem and Sossusvlei (90 km to the gate) or to Naukluft, or take a full-day excursion with Rob Field, the friendly and knowledgeable owner (book this when you reserve your room). The comfortable and unpretentious lodge has its own canyon, hiking trails, perennial springs, and superb cooking. The nine guest rooms all have views of the plunge pool and green garden.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more