- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Joe's Beerhouse Review
Tuck into generous portions of German and Namibian food at this popular Windhoek institution. Venison is a specialty (try the kudu steak or gemsbok fillet), but if the Teutonic urge strikes, opt for the sauerkraut and pork fillet. Vegetarian food is also available. Although the interior is fun-filled with Joe's personal collection of memorabilia, it's also pleasant to sit outside in the boma by a roaring fire and quaff glüwein (mulled wine) or a local lager Camelthorn Brewery's Sundowner beer. There's a great play area for kids.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more