- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Tourists coming from the Oshakati area via the B1 can access the park through King Nehale Gate (northeast); coming from Tsumeb also via the B1 through the Von Lindequist Gate (east); coming from Outjo via the C38 through the Anderson Gate (south) from sunrise to sunset; and coming from Kamanjab via the C35 through the Galton Gate (west, if you're booked into Dolomite Camp). Tourists may not drive in the park after sunset or before sunrise, and thus need to allow time to arrive at their respective rest camps if moving around close to these times. Namibia Wildlife Resorts (NWR) also offers guided night-drives, which can be booked directly at the camps. If you're staying at Onkoshi, you need to report to reception at Namutoni to be transferred to Onkoshi, as guests may not travel with their own vehicle along this section of road.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe