- The world's oldest living desert The Namib is everything you might imagine a "real" desert to be.
- A memorable drive The road from Swakopmund to Walvis Bay is one of the most beautiful and unusual routes in the world.
- Water-hole wonders Arm yourself with binoculars, drinks, a picnic, and patience. Open your car windows and wait for the game to come. You won't be disappointed.
- Ride the Desert Express During this two-day train journey between Windhoek and Swakopmund, you'll stop to walk in the desert, visit the world's biggest outdoor rock-art gallery, watch lions being fed, and view a spectacular desert sunset (or sunrise).
- Etosha National Park One of Africa's largest and most spectacular game parks, Etosha has cheap and cheerful self-catering accommodations, an excellent road network, and superb game-viewing.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More