- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
One of our favorites for authentic homely Moroccan cuisine, the formidable chef, Mme Souad, formerly of the Villa Maroc, cooks up excellent starters and mains. Tagines bubble and boil deliciously, as does the lively banter from the kitchen downstairs. Inventive twists include briq au poisson (a fried spring roll of ultra-crispy pastry and Chinese noodles) and malfouf (stuffed cabbage with thick tomato sauce). The restaurant is upstairs in what was a private apartment with no fancy furnishings, but it appeals to locals and tourists alike. There are also three-course set menus.
- Address: 27, rue Abdesslam Lebadi, Essaouira
- Phone: 0524/47–36–55
- Location: Essaouira
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband Paul and I (active 60’s and not yet retired) try to take an international trip once a year. Read more
We have just returned from a family trip to Morocco We only had 8 days and spent them in Marrakech, the High Atlas (Toubkal area), Fes and saw Volubilis, Moulay Idriss and Meknes with the final night i Read more
DH and I have two nights to spend in Morocco in September 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more