- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
One of our favorites for authentic homely Moroccan cuisine, the formidable chef, Mme Souad, formerly of the Villa Maroc, cooks up excellent starters and mains. Tagines bubble and boil deliciously, as does the lively banter from the kitchen downstairs. Inventive twists include briq au poisson (a fried spring roll of ultra-crispy pastry and Chinese noodles) and malfouf (stuffed cabbage with thick tomato sauce). The restaurant is upstairs in what was a private apartment with no fancy furnishings, but it appeals to locals and tourists alike. There are also three-course set menus.
- Address: 27, rue Abdesslam Lebadi, Essaouira
- Phone: 0524/47–36–55
- Location: Essaouira
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more