- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Dar Loubane Review
Here you can sit among cascading plants in the airy courtyard of an 18th-century riad and dine on fish to your heart's content. It's decorated with 1920s photos and Oriental-style bric-a-brac collected by Jean-Claude and Evelyne Dulac, the aging French couple that runs the restaurant. There's a daily lunch menu, but you can order à la carte anytime. The menu includes pastilla (sweet pigeon pie), briouates (spicy dumplings), ray with capers, grills, and tagines. There's a full wine list, and local Gnaoua musicians on Saturday night.
- Address: 24, rue de Rif, Essaouira
- Phone: 0524/47–62–96
- Location: Essaouira
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
Trying to decide between the two tours below for mid Sept - early Oct 2014. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more