- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Hôtel Palais Salaam
At a Glance
- lovely gardens and terraces
- rooms are disappointing
- staff can seem disinterested
Hôtel Palais Salaam Review
Any hotel that manages to accommodate the ambassadors of France and the United States must have pretty wide-ranging appeal. This hotel was built into the ramparts of the former pasha's court and likes to think of itself as the best place in town. Although it may not actually hold that crown any longer, the hotel's exotic gardens and ground-floor salons, with original palatial features and mosaic tiling are stunning, while some bedrooms are disappointing. Ask for rooms located in the older block (Room numbers 100 to 300) or one of the Pacha Suites. Half-board and full-board options available.
- Address: Bd. Moulay Ismail, outside the ramparts Taroudant
- Phone: 0528/85–25–01
- Location: Taroudant
- 88 rooms, 48 suites, 4 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Read more
Thanks to the kind people on this forum who are willing to share their travel knowledge, my husband and I just returned about 10 days ago from a 12 day trip to southern Morocco. Read more
Background: We are a couple in our mid-30s with our 4year old daughter. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more