Water Sports in Essaouira
Club Mistral and Skyriders Centre. Club Mistral and Skyriders Centre is the biggest outfit in town. It prides itself on the quality of its equipment and its multidisciplinary and multilingual instruction. Factor this into the cost of courses, which are pricier than elsewhere along the bay: two hours of surfing instruction cost 440 DH, while a 10-hour windsurfing starter course costs 2,530 DH. Bd. Mohammed V, at the southern end of the beach, Medina, Essaouira. 0524/78–39–34. www.club-mistral.com. Daily 9–6.
Explora. A professional Moroccan-English company offers a wide range of water sports with qualified instruction at prices considerably cheaper than the nearest competition. The company also arranges horseback riding, quad-biking, camel-treks, desert trips, and mountain-biking. Surfing lessons start at 300 DH for two hours. The company has its activity base at the southern end of the beach (on the beach at Av. Mohammed V near junction with Rte. de Agadir) and also a supplies shop in the medina. 2, Place Chrib Atay, Rue Laalouj, Medina, Essaouira. 0611/47–51–88. www.exploramorocco.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's