- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Aglou Plage is a world away from nearby Tiznit, both in climate and ambience, although connected by 17 km (10 mi) of good tarmac. It's the start of a good 75-km (47-mi) stretch of untouched beach that runs down to Sidi Ifni, where the stretches of beautiful sandy beach are surrounded by tall cliffs and wind-bitten scrub. On most weekends between May and October the lifeguard-protected beach is packed with vacationing Moroccans. About a kilometer up the beach are a series of troglodyte dwellings built into the cliff as shelter for fishermen (and, according to locals, the occasional hermit Frenchman) that you can reach on foot. A seat in a shared taxi from Tiznit should cost about 10 DH.
Aglou Plage at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's