- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Southwest of Rabat, towards Casablanca, is the beautiful Skhirat Beach. Perfect for either an afternoon at the beach or a weekend getaway, Skhirat, while just minutes from Rabat, feels worlds away. Home of the luxurious L'Amphitrite Palace, Skhirat is a convenient and lovely place to spend the night if you feel like staying outside of the city. History buffs might be interested to know that the 1971 attempt to overthrow King Hassan II during his birthday gala occurred at the Royal Palace of Skhirat.
Skhirat Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Northern Atlantic Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's