- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
If you are traveling by car along the coast north of Rabat (toward Moulay Bousselham) and are in the mood for a beach stroll, Mehdiya Plage, which is about 11 km (7 mi) west of Kenitra, will do the trick. Its long, sandy beach is known for good surfing as well as swimming, although the strong undertow along Morocco's Atlantic coast is widely feared and respected. There's a great daily fish market where prawns are among the fresh (and inexpensive) treats on offer, and a handful of beachside cafés.
Elsewhere in The Northern Atlantic Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's