- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
You shouldn't have problems traveling this part of Morocco, but always exercise caution if going into remote areas. Don't stop for hitchhikers or for people whose car has broken down, as there are still some dishonest individuals wanting to take advantage of tourists.
Be prepared to be followed by local kids who may want to engage you in conversation. Rather than money, give them items such as pens or pencils. If they are selling homemade handicrafts, then of course give them a few dirhams for their efforts.
Where possible, make sure you engage a qualified guide through one of the official Bureaus de Guides—this is especially important when trekking in the desert or mountains.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's