- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful interiors
- doting service
- Cheaper rooms (3rd category) get little daylight
Check Rates from our Partners
Dar Kamar Review
For anyone seduced by tales of Glaoui wealth and influence, this 17th-century pasha's courthouse has magisterial appeal. Filled with artifacts from all over Africa, the dark, lantern-lighted courtyard envelops with its dusky grandeur. Rooms are effortlessly chic, with wrought-iron beds, Berber rugs, inventive lanterns, and bathrooms as smooth and polished as the service. The hotel can also arrange a variety of excursions, including four-wheel drives, quad biking, mountain biking, camel riding, trekking, and overnight bivouacs.
- Address: 45, Kasbah Taourirt, Ouarzazate
- Phone: 0524/88–87–33
- Location: Ouarzazate
- 12 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed in Jul. (sometimes).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more