- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful interiors
- doting service
- Cheaper rooms (3rd category) get little daylight
Dar Kamar Review
For anyone seduced by tales of Glaoui wealth and influence, this 17th-century pasha's courthouse has magisterial appeal. Filled with artifacts from all over Africa, the dark, lantern-lighted courtyard envelops with its dusky grandeur. Rooms are effortlessly chic, with wrought-iron beds, Berber rugs, inventive lanterns, and bathrooms as smooth and polished as the service. The hotel can also arrange a variety of excursions, including four-wheel drives, quad biking, mountain biking, camel riding, trekking, and overnight bivouacs.
- Address: 45, Kasbah Taourirt, Ouarzazate
- Phone: 0524/88–87–33
- Location: Ouarzazate
- 12 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed in Jul. (sometimes).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I took a three day tour with Sahara Desert Crew from Fes to Marrakech...it was such a brilliant time. Youssef was our tour guide and he couldn't have done a better job with us. One of my Read more
We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Read more
Background: We are a couple in our mid-30s with our 4year old daughter. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more