The Great Oasis Valleys Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The Great Oasis Valleys Restaurant Reviews
Far from the set-menu Moroccan cuisine of the urban palaces, the fare along the southern oasis routes leans to hearty tagines and couscous. Harira is more than welcome as night sets in and temperatures plunge. Mechoui (roast lamb) is a standard feast—if you can order it far enough in advance. Some of the best lamb and vegetable tagines in Morocco are simmered over tiny camp stoves in random corners and campsites down here. You may want to keep a bottle of wine in the car or in a day pack, as many restaurants don't serve alcohol but have no problem with customers bringing their own. Always ask first, though, as some places object.
Browse The Great Oasis Valleys Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's