- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Oaurzazate is well served by buses from Marrakesh (4 hours), Agadir (8½ hours), Casablanca (8½ hours), Taliouine (3½ hours), Taroudant (5 hours), Tinerhir (5 hours), Er-Rachidia (6 hours), Erfoud (7 hours), Zagora (4½ hours), and M'Hamid (7 hours). CTM buses run from the eastern end of Avenue Mohammed V. Supratours buses run from the western end of Avenue Mohammed V. Other public buses run from the gare routière (bus station) about 2 km (1 mi) from the town center just off the N9 route to Marrakesh (a petit taxi will get you here for about 10 DH). Shared grands taxis (long-distance taxis) also bring you here from Marrakesh, Er-Rachidia, Agadir, and Zagora and can be hired to take you privately for day excursions, too.
CTM Ouarzazate (Av. Mohammed V, next to main Post Office at east end of Av. Mohammed V, Ouarzazate, 45000. 0524/88-24-27. www.ctm.ma.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's