- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
A sunrise trip to Erg Chebbi has become a classic Moroccan adventure. A series of café-restaurant-hotels overlooks the dunes, and most run camel excursions out to the top of the dunes, a 45-minute walk on foot, and to oases where you can camp for the night in permanent bivouacs.
Merzouga at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Great Oasis Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's