Known as one of the country's most artistic communities, the sleepy fishing village of Asilah hosts a two-week festival every year in August in which artists from all over the world are invited to paint murals on the city's walls and exhibit. Asilah was conquered by the Portuguese in 1471, and its Old Town retains a Portuguese feel. Las Cuevas beach is a nice beach for basking in the sun.
Asilah at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's