- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Interesting architecture
- pleasant staff
- Hard to find
- reached via narrow street
Check Rates from our Partners
Hostal Gernika Review
This charming Spanish-run pension in the medina's heart is wrapped around an interior courtyard. Built with Andalusian archways and moldings, it feels more like a house than a hotel. Guest rooms—only some of which have showers—are cheery, simple, and clean; ask for one with a valley view. The plant-lined roof, with both covered and open-air patios, is perched above the medina's snaking streets and myriad rooftops, providing sweeping views across the valley and Old Town. Spanish lunches and dinners are available if you place an order in the morning.
- Address: 49, Ibn Askar, Chefchaouen
- Phone: 0539/98–74–34
- Location: Chefchaouen
- 10 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more