- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Interesting architecture
- pleasant staff
- Hard to find
- reached via narrow street
Hostal Gernika Review
This charming Spanish-run pension in the medina's heart is wrapped around an interior courtyard. Built with Andalusian archways and moldings, it feels more like a house than a hotel. Guest rooms—only some of which have showers—are cheery, simple, and clean; ask for one with a valley view. The plant-lined roof, with both covered and open-air patios, is perched above the medina's snaking streets and myriad rooftops, providing sweeping views across the valley and Old Town. Spanish lunches and dinners are available if you place an order in the morning.
- Address: 49, Ibn Askar, Chefchaouen
- Phone: 0539/98–74–34
- Location: Chefchaouen
- 10 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Read more
Thanks to the kind people on this forum who are willing to share their travel knowledge, my husband and I just returned about 10 days ago from a 12 day trip to southern Morocco. Read more
Background: We are a couple in our mid-30s with our 4year old daughter. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more