Tangier and the Mediterranean Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Tangier and the Mediterranean
Tangier: This city charms many newcomers with its eye-popping views, calm breezes, its internationalism, and its friendly inhabitants who are always curious to know more about the outside world.
The Rif Mountains: Running parallel to the Mediterranean coast for 200 km (180 mi), this is the highest range in the north and offers some of the best scenery and trekking in Morocco.
Tetouan: Overlooking the verdant Martil Valley, Tetouan is famous for its Hispano-Moorish architecture and medina.
Chefchaouen: This charming blue-and-white mountain stronghold is one of Morocco's through-the-looking-glass fantasy spots, and is especially popular with nature lovers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe