- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Marrakesh is in Morocco's center, so it connects well by road with all other major destinations. Most of these roads are good, two-lane highways with hard, sandy shoulders for passing. There is a new freeway connecting Marrakesh to Casablanca and Agadir.
Within Marrakesh, driving isn't the best way to get around. Cars can pass through many of the medina's narrow alleys, but not all, and unless you know the lay of the land you risk getting suddenly stuck and being hard-pressed to perform a U-turn.
Amsterdam Cars (Appt. B, 112, av. Mohammed V, Gueliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43-99-52 or 0662/20-00-21. www.amsterdamcar.com.)
Avis (137, av. Mohammed V, Gueliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43-37-27.)
Europcar (63, bd. Zerktouni, Gueliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43-12-28.)
Hertz (154, av. Mohammed V, Gueliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43-13-94.)
Medloc (1st floor, no. 3, 75 rue Ibn Aicha, Gueliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43-57-57. www.medloc-maroc.com.)
National (3, rue de la Liberté, Guéliz, Marrakesh. 0524/43–06–83.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's