- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Les Jardins de Guéliz
Les Jardins de Guéliz Review
Entering the gateway to Les Jardins de Guéliz feels like discovering a secret garden—which in effect it is. Wooden gates, half-shrouded in foliage, disguise the entrance before you find yourself inside a mini faux-kasbah. Backing directly on to the delightful Harti Gardens, on what was once a basketball court, the restaurant is in a light airy conservatory, perfect for a family lunch. The midday buffet is good value and has lots of vegetarian choice including tortillas, stuffed vine leaves, cooked salads, rice and pasta salads, etc. (though sadly there are fewer veggie choices for dinner). For carnivores there is plenty of choice, including beef Stroganoff, steaks, lasagna, and also some Moroccan dishes. The pretty gardens are child-friendly; there are tables outside on shaded terraces, and there's a couple of turtles patrolling.
- Address: Av. Oued el Makhazine, next to Royal Tennis Club Guéliz, Marrakesh
- Phone: 0524/42–21–22
- Location: Guéliz
- Closed during Ramadan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
Bazaars, souks, spices—oh my! ... Read more
Think of Morocco, and you probably think of the bustling souks of Marrakech.... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more