- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Le Yacout Review
The palatial Yacout is in a house designed as a Thousand and One Nights restaurant. Its location deep in the medina only adds to its mystery. Aperitifs are taken on the rooftop to the haunting chants of a Gnaoua musician. A traditional Moroccan feast is served in several different settings: beside the pool in a vaulted upstairs room; in an intimate glassed-in salon; or in the lush, cushion-filled main salon. Courteous, discreet waiters in white djellabas and red fezzes scurry about to fulfill your every need. This is an exotic experience in a magical setting, but the standard of food has declined in recent years, so this is no longer the best value.
- Address: 79, Sidi Ahmed Soussi, near Bab Doukkala Medina, Marrakesh
- Phone: 0524/38–29–29
- Location: Medina
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Read more
Thanks to the kind people on this forum who are willing to share their travel knowledge, my husband and I just returned about 10 days ago from a 12 day trip to southern Morocco. Read more
Background: We are a couple in our mid-30s with our 4year old daughter. Read more
· News & Features
Bazaars, souks, spices—oh my!... Read more
Think of Morocco, and you probably think of the bustling souks of Marrakech.... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more