- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Le Yacout Review
The palatial Yacout is in a house designed as a Thousand and One Nights restaurant. Its location deep in the medina only adds to its mystery. Aperitifs are taken on the rooftop to the haunting chants of a Gnaoua musician. A traditional Moroccan feast is served in several different settings: beside the pool in a vaulted upstairs room; in an intimate glassed-in salon; or in the lush, cushion-filled main salon. Courteous, discreet waiters in white djellabas and red fezzes scurry about to fulfill your every need. This is an exotic experience in a magical setting, but the standard of food has declined in recent years, so this is no longer the best value.
- Address: 79, Sidi Ahmed Soussi, near Bab Doukkala Medina, Marrakesh
- Phone: 0524/38–29–29
- Location: Medina
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m writing this trip report after finally editing 2500 photos from travel in 2012 and 2013. Read more
This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. Read more
My wife and I are considering a trip to Morocco in October or November. Read more
· News & Features
Bazaars, souks, spices—oh my! ... Read more
Think of Morocco, and you probably think of the bustling souks of Marrakech.... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more