- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Fireplaces in every room
- impeccable service
- Decor is a bit pompous
- very expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
La Sultana Review
There's a certain over-the-top charm to this series of five luxurious riads of palatial proportions. The rooftop walkway has good views to the zellij of the Saadian tombs below. A nighttime aperitif beside the pool on the terrace amid rows of man-size lanterns is hard to beat. The decent and well-priced restaurant is open to nonguests and has both French and Moroccan menus, with an emphasis on fish.
- Address: 403, rue de la Kasbah, on a tiny alley heading left just south of Saadian tombs Kasbah, Marrakesh | Map It
- Phone: 0524/38–80–08
- Website: www.lasultanamarrakech.com
- Location: Medina
- 28 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Aug. (usually).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband Paul and I (active 60’s and not yet retired) try to take an international trip once a year. Read more
We have just returned from a family trip to Morocco We only had 8 days and spent them in Marrakech, the High Atlas (Toubkal area), Fes and saw Volubilis, Moulay Idriss and Meknes with the final night i Read more
Morocco Trip Report March 27-April 8, 2014
We (couple with 13 year-old grandson) have just returned from a memorable tour of Morocco with a driver/guide.
Tip #1: Bring to the airport, the credit card Read more
· News & Features
Bazaars, souks, spices—oh my! ... Read more
Think of Morocco, and you probably think of the bustling souks of Marrakech.... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more